Supremely Versatile DAC and Amp
The ADL STRATOS is more than just a DAC, a phono stage and a headphone amplifier in one small, portable box. With the STRATOS you get DSD (2.8M, 5.6M and 11.2M), USB (supports PCM 24~32bit/384kHz Max.) and ADC (24bit/192 kHz Max.), so you’ll be able to manage the largest music collections on your hard drive with ease and flexibility—and outstanding sound quality.
A Small Package That Packs a Serious Punch
If you need to convert your LPs or other analogue sources to digital or record internet streamed audio, the STRATOS offers a wide variety of options to help you obtain the best sonic results. With its low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays at 384 kHz and records at 192 kHz and its built-in high-performance MM/MC phono stage, you can easily record your favourite albums to hard disk via USB. Best of all, you’ll enjoy Furutech’s signature sound—detailed, clear yet smooth—when you use the ADL STRATOS as the heart and soul of nearly any desktop system.
If you’re looking for a powerful headphone amplifier that can drive any pair of headphones on the market, the STRATOS delivers. Whether you use the latest generation of earphones or the most revealing electrostatic ear speakers available, the ADL STRATOS will allow you to venture and explore deeper into the recording than ever before. That’s because every product from ADL is built with only the finest materials, as well as the most innovative Japanese design principles. The STRATOS may be small, but it contains an amazing amount of technology.
A Plethora of Connectivity Options
Additional features include L/R analogue inputs, line or phono (switchable MM/MC) inputs, S/PDIF Coaxial and Optical inputs, S/PDIF Optical output (for USB, Optical, Coaxial) and a controller that supports both ASIO and Asynchronous modes. The STRATOS also uses the finest Furutech connectors to deliver high-quality sonic results. Indeed, the STRATOS is far more than a classic GT40 with DSD capabilities—every square inch of the STRATOS has been reconsidered and rethought using the latest technology and the latest designs.
A Whole New Way of Audio Design
The original GT40 certainly shook up the audio world when it redefined the level of audio performance, flexibility and features available at its affordable price. With the ADL STRATOS, however, a new revolution has begun. It certainly qualifies as more than a new “Swiss Army knife of audio components.” It’s a whole new way of thinking.
- XMOS Integrated High-Speed USB 2.0 PHY giving 480Mbps data-rates and USB Audio Class 2. PCM 24~32bit/384kHz (Max.) sampling rates supported. (Note: 32bit will not be shown on a computer).
- USB 2.0 high-speed compliance with DSD (2.8M,5.6M and 11.2M data supported), with the ability to sample 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384 kHz sampling rates, indicated by LEDs on the front panel.
- ESS ES9018K2M SABRE32 Reference Stereo DAC : Audiophile-grade (DSD /2.8M, 5.6M, 11.2M supports) 32bit 384kHz DAC Chip.
- Analog-to-Digital Converter: The STRATOS sports a high-performance CS5340 ADC chip for high-resolution recordings via analogue inputs including phono, AM/FM radio, or other analogue signals to PC or MAC hard drive (24bit/192kHz Max.)
- Ultimate high-end grade linear volume control: 2-channel electronic volume allowing the volume to be preset for each input (Phono, Line, USB).
- Three Powerful Headphone Amplifiers: STRATOS has three powerful TI TPA6120A2 headphone amplifiers: a pair handle the left and right channels of the XLR (4-pin) balanced output (non-switched), and the third powers the 6.3mm Stereo phone jack output (switched). (TI TPA6120A2 driving from 12 to 600 ohms at >120dB dynamic range)
- ASIO (Windows); Plug’n Play (MAC)
- Line, ADC and DAC OPA: TI NE 5532 OP Amp, PHONO OPA: JRC NJM2068DD OP Amp
- S/PDIF Coaxial and Optical input: If the playback sample rate cannot be set at source, the Coaxial and Optical LED will indicate (Max. 24bit/192kHz sampling rates supported)
- Optical S/PDIF output (for USB, Optical and Coaxial) 24bit/192kHz Max.
- Convenient Clip signal Toggle switch for Recording Attenuation: Adjust the recording attenuation to avoid any distortion during recording: -6dB, 0dB or +6dB (Rec/dB signal light comes on when input level exceeds circuit Gain).
- Phono Preamplifier: The STRATOS features a phono equalizer for recording your precious LPs. Switch between Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) or Line input
- Dual External power supply :
Power supply-1: 5V DC from USB bus-powered USB chip only.
Power supply-2: External AC/DC Switching Adaptor output DC 15V / 800mA / 12W